Our Top 5 DIY Life Hacks Courtesy of DJM Direct
DIY can be great fun, and a good way to cut costs too. If you’re looking to make some cheap home improvements or just spruce things up a bit, you can get really creative with some of our top tips below:
- Putting up flat pack furniture/pictures/mirrors…pretty much anything that requires hammering things can get a bit tiresome, especially if you have just moved house. To avoid losing any nails stick a magnet to the bottom of your hammer.
- Do you have a mammoth bunch of near identical looking keys for your house/garage/shed? To avoid the frustration of trying every key in the bunch only to get it right with the last one, borrow some girls nail polish and paint the tops so you know what each is for (preferably in different colours otherwise you will still have a bunch of near identical looking keys albeit more colourful ones).
- If you have limited space for shoe storage in your house then crown molding is a great way to store ladies heels and keep them out of the way. Just put it up and hang the shoes of them neatly and voila! Happy wife = happy life
- Old drawers can easily be converted into much needed shelf storage. Jazz them up with a bold painted finish or leave them plain and whilst you use the inside of the drawer for storage you can hang things off the handles.
- If you need to carry a large piece of plywood or mdf you can improvise a great carrier with a piece of rope. Rather than straining your back, tie the ends of a piece of rope, about 20 feet long, to create a loop. You can then slip the loop around the bottom corners of whatever you are carrying, reach over and grab the centre and lift the board under your arms.
- Powered Machines
- Storage & Toolboxes
- Everything Else